NASA Image of the Day

Thursday, April 16, 2020

The Stuff of Dreams

Peace. I would have peace for my Friends.

I would have Peace for their darkeyed babies - their sky-eyed babies, too, dreaming softly of a star-filled sky far away from the wretched ground, the reeking puddles, the squalor, the shrieking.

I would have peace for the pang of hunger, the stab of thirst, the anguished hearts languishing and bereft, believing themselves Forgotten.

I would have peace for the Angry women hearts, whose mother-love knows no bounds, no borders, no language -  save eyes and whimpers, seen and heard.
They are Global Parents; global Parent hearts, speaking all languages, loving all names for God, clasping each others' hands in shared grief.

I would have Peace for these Women; Peace for their injured Men, their Lost Lovers, their Anguished, Passionate Longing other Halves, and their stolen Babies;
I would have Peace for my own.
I would have Peace for them all.

Peace....the step before Love.


by Dawn M. Nevills
             originally written Dec. 9, 2020 in response to an outbreak of cholera in refugee camps.

No comments:

Post a Comment